What is micropigmentation – permanent eyeliner and eyebrows?
Micropigmentation is a safe, effective procedure that adds permanent cosmetic color to eyelids and eyebrows.
How is permanent eyeliner and eyebrow pigmentation done?
Pigment is injected into the skin using a sterile needle or cluster of needles. A local or topical anesthetic is often used to minimize discomfort. Generally a simple procedure takes about an hour.
Are you a good candidate for micropigmentation?
Candidates for permanent cosmetics may include:
- Someone who wishes to eliminate daily cosmetic application
- People with cosmetic allergies
- Those who have lost their eyebrows or eyelashes
- Persons with motor skill or visual impairments that preclude makeup application
- Those who need a waterproof, perspiration proof cosmetic solution.
The initial consultation with the doctor is an important part of the procedure. The doctor will review your health history and explain the risks. He or she will also help you choose the right pigmentation for your skin tone.
Does micropigmentation last forever?
While micropigmentation is typically called permanent makeup, it does not last forever. Over time, the pigments may lighten and need to be augmented.